The Adam Family Circle of Giving Project
Thrive’s Circle of Giving is one third of the way towards meeting our goal! Thanks to everyone who has so generously donated. If you have not had a chance to participate, please click here.
There is always room for volunteering if you feel led to join us. See the information below to learn how you can participate in the home building project.
All volunteers are required to go to www.austinhabitat.org/index.php/volunteer to complete the Volunteer Registration and review the Volunteer Orientation materials. Be sure to print, fill out, and sign the Release of Liability . Please bring the release form with you to site the first time you volunteer. This Release of Liability must be resubmitted every calendar year. Additionally, we require ALL Volunteers to complete the HFHI approved Lockton On-Line Safety course titled “Volunteering on a Habitat Job Site”.
Please RSVP via VolunteerSpot – Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
- Click here to go to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot.
- Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on VolunteerSpot)
- Sign up! Choose your spots – VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.
On your project day, please arrive by 8 A.M, dressed appropriately, prepared for the weather and ready to work! Our staff works tirelessly to get families into their homes on time, and ask all volunteers commit a full day, (8 A.M. – 4 P.M.) when volunteering; Shifts and early/late departures break project momentum.
Lunch is not provided by Austin Habitat. We ask that all volunteers provide and eat their lunch on-site, during the 11:30 lunch break; Eating on-site fosters project and team unity. If you are with a group, please check with your team leader to see if lunch is being catered.
This is a new neighborhood, that may not show up on GPS. Google maps does have us on the grid. From the west take Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd. EAST towards 183. Continue on FM 969/Mlk, Jr. Blvd. across the overpass, drive about 5 miles then turn left onto Gilbert Road. Take the first right onto Barteny Cove, 78724.
There is no volunteer parking allowed on Barteny Cove. All parking is one street north on Breve Cove. Or along Gilbert Road.
What to Bring:
- Liability Waiver – Please print and bring the waiver of liability completed during registration.
- Water Bottle – In efforts to be greener and reduce waste, please bring a personal water bottle.
- When bringing valuables, please leave them in your vehicles; there are no secure on-site storage for personal items.
Things to Remember:
- Please note that we work rain or shine! If weather conditions are extreme or unsafe, we will notify you the morning of, to reschedule/cancel your project. Our inclement weather policy.
- Sarah Joiner’s cell phone number: 512-573-2969.
- Volunteers (16 and 17 years old) may work with Construction (with restrictions) or at the ReStore, if accompanied by an adult over the age of 21. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old to volunteer in Home Repair. Questions about youth “group” opportunities can be addressed to email@example.com
- Carpooling is always encouraged!
- Be sure to eat breakfast and show up hydrated!
Again, thank you for your support. We value your time and contribution in eliminating poverty housing!
Click on Links below for more information: